Expatriate Services

As a U.S citizen or resident alien, your worldwide income generally is subject to U.S. income tax regardless of where you are living. Also, you’re subject to the same income tax filing requirements that apply to U.S. citizens and/or residents living in the United States. However, several income tax benefits might apply if you meet certain requirements while living abroad. You may be able to exclude from your income a limited amount of your foreign earned income. You may also be able to to either exclude or deduct from gross income your housing amount. To claim these benefits, you must file a tax return and elect the exclusion.

At Morrow & Co. LLC, we’re experienced with expatriate tax law, and are prepared to help you file returns to comply with U.S. law. Expat tax can get confusing in a hurry, so call us for help!

Give us a call to schedule an appointment to discuss your expatriate tax needs.